Dumb Question - Easy Green

Evan

I can’t believe I’m even asking this but ….

The directions for the larger bottle say 1 ml/10 gallons. The directions for the smaller bottle say 2 drops/1 gallon. 
I bought the smaller bottle. Can’t I just add 1 ml/10 gallons or do I really need to count 110 drops for my 55 gallon tank?

If you don’t follow the instructions on the label of the specific product you bought, the end-user warranty will be void. In your case,  if you measure in millilitres instead of drops, the metric conversion (because your tank is in gallons) could result in over application.

….

….

….

….

Bwahahaha just kidding. The product in the two bottles is the same. Same concentration and everything. 20 drops is generally accepted to equal 1 ml. So two drops per 1 gallon is the same as 20 drops or 1 mL per 10 gallons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi @Evan

1 ml = approx 20 drops

So the dosage and the concentration are the same on both bottles. 

You may have a 55 gallon tank but the substrate and hardscape will take up some water volume.  I have found in all of my tanks from 75 gallon to 10 gallon that with gravel and hardscape I lose about 20% of the tank volume (yes I measured).  So I would assume your 55 gallon has 55*0.80 or about 44 gallons of water volume.

Hope this helps! -Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1