fish tank stocking

SC Fish

Run down: 20 gallon tank

im putting in male 2 platys first (one i already have) , theyll be alone for a couple weeks

then: 6-8 shrimp (instead of the khuli loach) + 1 more male platy

then 6-8 neon tetras

what else can i add?

and what can go wrong here?

maybe diseases i can look out for?

• Like 1

Quarantine new inhabitants separate for a month. A lot of nasty stuff can come on new fish and shrimp.  

You could definitely use a clean up crew and bottom feeders are crazy fun. What are your temps and ph/gh That will helps folks give appropriate recommendations.  A 20 g can be crazy fun. Looks like you have a good start and adding slow is the best method. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 4:21 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Sounds like a bit of a dull combo to me, but anyways…

Try adding a couple of female platys to the mix, neocaridina shrimp may not breed due to the shrimplets being eaten.

If you really want something fun go for shell dwellers or a Mountain stream setup (hillstream loaches and danios or white clouds).

i mean i have female paltys already, but im sepearting the male and the females because i dont want breeding anymore

On 9/28/2022 at 4:28 PM, Guppysnail said:

Quarantine new inhabitants separate for a month. A lot of nasty stuff can come on new fish and shrimp.  

You could definitely use a clean up crew and bottom feeders are crazy fun. What are your temps and ph/gh That will helps folks give appropriate recommendations.  A 20 g can be crazy fun. Looks like you have a good start and adding slow is the best method. 

its heated 20 rn.. for the platys to go in ut ill increase the temp over the course of 2-3 weeks or so to be around 24

• Like 1

Well that opens a lot. 
most snails are very easy to breed at that temp. All my different types are at that temp. I have melini, Pygmy and panda Cory and previously bred albino cory at that temp. My new Aspidora spilotus dwarf cats are at that temp and fun though I don’t know enough to say about breeding yet. 
Everyone loves corydora so should be an easy sell. I want to do Asian stone mini cats in a 20. They look crazy awesome. I think they would sell well because one can fit in as small as a 10 g

• Like 1