Help identifying my unwanted algae, and seeking advice on its removal

kshrbkn

so, I have this algae all over the tank.  Is it the beginning of BBA?  there are no fuzzy clumps of it.  rather, its is wispy filaments all over the place.

ammonia\nitrites are 0.  nitrates are 75.  have been using tabs, easy green. no co2.  stingray light on 6 hours a day.

what to do to eliminate it \ control it?

thanks

1.png

3.png

2.png

On 9/15/2022 at 6:59 PM, kshrbkn said:

so, I have this algae all over the tank.  Is it the beginning of BBA?  there are no fuzzy clumps of it.  rather, its is wispy filaments all over the place.

ammonia\nitrites are 0.  nitrates are 75.  have been using tabs, easy green. no co2.  stingray light on 6 hours a day.

what to do to eliminate it \ control it?

thanks

1.png

3.png

2.png

Looks like hair algae if I am correct, the best thing you could do is just less lighting and also get some fish or inverts that eat hair algae

In addition to trying to manually remove it and getting fish or shrimp that might eat it, I would reduce your nitrate levels through regular water changes. 75 seems high to me and might cause algae issues. Also, even at 6 hours a light could be too bright (is it dimmable?) if there's not enough plants and also cause algae.

Edited by Greenspace