An update on my 75g SA tank!

asondhi

Plants are maturing, angels are hungry as ever, water is finally tinting! 

I've got most of the fish I had planned for this tank! 

- Angelfish

- Trio of apisto caucatoides

- School of rummy nose tetras

School of Cardinal tetras

- BN plecos 

- Otos

- A random cherry shrimp: no clue how it got into the tank... assuming it was just a baby and hitched a ride on a plant... it's probably going to get eaten soon. 

Just waiting to find some Hatchetfish and the tank will be done! The angels are already pairing off and the male apisto has claimed his hidey hole! Really excited to watch nature unfold in my first real large-scale ecosystem tank!!! 

IMG20220913200450.jpg

f8c731c3-df96-4e29-bdc5-54e7e3f39888.jpg

IMG20220828094453.jpg

IMG20220902141716.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/15/2022 at 5:54 PM, Anjum said:

Love that whole room! *Goals* for when I set up my jungle shed. Tank is going to be stunning when it all grows in!

But question, is that a spike strip on the top of the tank & windowsill??? I'm guessing you have a pesky cat 😅

I have 3 pesky cats, one of which actually enjoys water and tries to submerse himself in any container of liquid... this includes a 5g bucket of dirty tank water, and unfortunately a 75g fishtank. 

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2022 at 9:35 PM, Fishkeeper125 said:

What substate are you using? specific brand/product? Just curious because I'm looking for a cheap substrate for my 75.

Caribsea jungle river sand and peace river gravel mix. Not cheap unfortunately but a great product.