Kordon's Ich Attack natural treatment

CKetchum

Even after quarantining my Von Rio babies (new from LPS) they have tiny white spots after going into my display tank😬😭

So this is ICH and I am not a fan. Only the babies have a few spots on fins, my other established fish all look great. Everyone is eating and acting fine. I see an occasional flashing behavior in my peacock gudgeon. My tank has 3 MTS, amano shrimp, ghost shrimps, and ramhorn snails. I also have Moby the Hillstream Loach as well. 

I am worried about using ICH X with my inverts; my LPS recommends Kordon's Ich Attack. It's a natural product that is safe for inverts and reefs.  Thoughts? any experience? 

I’ve always used ick x in freshwater with no issues. I’ve never owned a salt water tank. I’ve heard kordon is a better solution for dealing with inverts and actually is used to treat some “shrimp” illnesses, but I have never tried or owned it. Perhaps someone else has more experience but in general I think eighter would work and are better then the ick. I hope this helps in some way and everything gets better.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  

• This product clear all the white spots from my fish. 
  • I dosed twice daily. 5ml/10gall or 15ml in my 29g
  • Increased temp to 80 (slowly)
  • Turned up my air stones. 

Cleared in about a week, no issues with plants, shrimp, snails or water chemistry. I did catch the infection early on and it was hard to watch my fish go through it but they could of cared less. I overfed a bit to make sure they stayed eating and healthy. They really loved baby brine shrimp. My nitrates are up a little due to feedings and not changing any water for ~2weeks now. Which is technically on schedule for a water change anyhow. My nitrates are just up a bit more then normal. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2022 at 3:12 PM, CKetchum said:

Update:  

• This product clear all the white spots from my fish. 
  • I dosed twice daily. 5ml/10gall or 15ml in my 29g
  • Increased temp to 80 (slowly)
  • Turned up my air stones. 

Cleared in about a week, no issues with plants, shrimp, snails or water chemistry. I did catch the infection early on and it was hard to watch my fish go through it but they could of cared less. I overfed a bit to make sure they stayed eating and healthy. They really loved baby brine shrimp. My nitrates are up a little due to feedings and not changing any water for ~2weeks now. Which is technically on schedule for a water change anyhow. My nitrates are just up a bit more then normal. 

Thanks for this post.  I am dealing with my first Ich outbreak and found it difficult to find positive information about Ich Attack. I have shrimp, snails, and otos is a community tank so I am a bit afraid of anything not specifically labeled as safe.   I just added the first dose, so far no dead fish!  

On 1/14/2023 at 11:45 PM, PaigeIs said:

Thanks for this post.  I am dealing with my first Ich outbreak and found it difficult to find positive information about Ich Attack. I have shrimp, snails, and otos is a community tank so I am a bit afraid of anything not specifically labeled as safe.   I just added the first dose, so far no dead fish!  

Ick x is also safe to use with invertebrates ich causes massive electrolyte loss so I would add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table for 10 gallons that will add back in essential electrolytes 

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2023 at 4:00 PM, Colu said:

Ick x is also safe to use with invertebrates ich causes massive electrolyte loss so I would add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table for 10 gallons that will add back in essential electrolytes 

Thanks!  I ordered some Ich X but it won't arrive until Wednesday. The local flooding is  delaying mail ordered items and I cannot purchase what I need locally. 

I added some salt as soon as I saw the tell-tale spots on Thursday, and started using Ich Attack on Saturday.  

I do have a question if you don't mind?  The ich is already noticeably improved. Note, when I noticed it, there were only a small handful of spots on three of the fish. Others are likely infected but they are speckled and it's harder to tell.  My question is, even though the Ich Attack seems to be working, should I use the Ich X anyway?

On 1/16/2023 at 11:34 PM, PaigeIs said:

Thanks!  I ordered some Ich X but it won't arrive until Wednesday. The local flooding is  delaying mail ordered items and I cannot purchase what I need locally. 

I added some salt as soon as I saw the tell-tale spots on Thursday, and started using Ich Attack on Saturday.  

I do have a question if you don't mind?  The ich is already noticeably improved. Note, when I noticed it, there were only a small handful of spots on three of the fish. Others are likely infected but they are speckled and it's harder to tell.  My question is, even though the Ich Attack seems to be working, should I use the Ich X anyway?

If ick attack is working keep treating with it if your not see much improvement when ick X arrives I would do a water change and start treating with ick x

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1