Anubias help

Rita

Hi Rita, its hard to gauge going off pictures and not knowing your setup but it looks like your anubias is dying unfortunately.

There are a number of reasons for this, when it comes to rotting, one of the main culprits is infection to a wound in the process of propagation. Have you cut the rhizome recently (to make more) or is it newly bought?

What kind of lighting do you have and does it receive a lot of light?

Are you using C02?

If you just started Easy Green at a half dose in a new aquarium, one issue may be that you do not have enough nutrients. I believe the label recommends adding 1 pump per 10 gallons to get nitrates to 20ppm. Of you have no other source of nitrates, this may take significantly more than the recommended dose to get the base level of nitrates established. This depends on many factors, but check your nitrates level to see if you low.

If you have fungus growing on Anubias, I'd be a bit concerned. I haven't had that ok new anubias like I have had on dwarf aquarium lilies. I'd do a quick search for Anubias rot to see if that is the issue. If you bought it from the co-op, they have very good customer service and can help identify issues with their products. 

• Like 1

Only two weeks ago, you need to check your water parameters. At that pace it is quite possible the plant already had a problem, or you may have nicked the rhizome when placing between rocks, these things happen. Stop dosing, it's not doing any good at this point. I would take out infected plants and do a thorough water change, testing your water is key. Wish you luck.

**update** I contacted co op customer service and after seeing the picture she said it’s likely rotten... so I took it out to check and the rhizome was soft, discolored and it smelled rancid. They have refunded my money. I may try again if it comes back in stock.