Crack in aquarium frame

Krys

Hello everyone long time no post haha. I have a question for y’all.

The frame of my 40g breeder cracked a while ago. The glass itself is fine, and I tried to temp repair it with 2 part epoxy but it’s just on the outside as I didn’t want to risk it getting  into the tank.

How worried should I be about the tank failing?

The petco sale is on right now so I could go buy a new 40g and move everything over. However I’d like to avoid this since I would like to downsize. In my condition maintenance on the 40 is just extremely difficult so I am in the process of trying to find ways to make things easier for me in terms of fishy maintenance, one of which would be downsizing the tank. If I can go a few more months before replacing it, I could choose something that will better suit my needs.

Thanks yall!

F53E67EE-DDD4-48F9-94CE-3311EAEA0041.jpeg

@face Yeah the 40b doesnt have a cross brace.

I was using a plastic clamp to hold the end of the python syphon down into the tank to fill and the pressure from the clamp broke the frame.

this is one of the big things i am contending with. The python syphon always flings out and get water all over my living room. Its because the hose to attachment connector is so heavy that it pulls the syphon out of the tank. After that I ended up just buying the python hook. I have to find a new solution however since the seal on the attachment has failed and leaks terribly.

Edited by Krys
Clarity

I’ve had this happen as well and I did the 2 part epoxy as well with great results. Usually the frame is siliconed in a couple different spots and getting it off to epoxy the joint deeper is a pain. I’m no expert but I think it should be fine. I hope you get to the easier fishy place you want to be at soon. Good luck!

On 9/4/2022 at 11:15 AM, Lots Of Loaches said:

I’ve had this happen as well and I did the 2 part epoxy as well with great results. Usually the frame is siliconed in a couple different spots and getting it off to epoxy the joint deeper is a pain. I’m no expert but I think it should be fine. I hope you get to the easier fishy place you want to be at soon. Good luck!

Thank you! It’s one of those things that you don’t know until you know lol I have some plans now that I understand what exactly I need to do so I am excited to get started, tho I didn’t want to waste the $$$ on a tank I don’t plan on keeping long term. 

• Like 1