Added Paracleanse and 5mins later Goldfish lost all it's color...

AndiJade

Stopped moving, went nose up and was unresponsive. My parameters were zero on everything with 8pH. My calico goldie looked like someone dumped bleach all over her. I scooped her out of the tank in and put her in clean fresh water. 5 hours later she's swimming around and seems ok now.

Why would this have happened? 5 more mins and she would have been dead. Only thing in the tank was Prime.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi,

Not long, a couple months. It's not cycled, not even close. My fish has flukes I've been fighting for quite some time. Has handled every medication I've thrown at her like a champ lol. I tested the water just before I added the Paracleanse, and everything was zero. I had done water changes to get ammonia back down before proceeding with medication. It was as if I threw poison into the tank though, that was the reaction. I have used praziquantel and PraziPro before, no problem. Never have used metronidazole however. But why would this happen? Was it the Prime?

I'm still in shock. I threw together a quick temp tank and picked her up and into fresh water in like 2 mins flat. Took about 2 hours for her to start swimming around again. 

I thought this medication was relatively safe...? I just can't believe it, it happened so quickly...