Is This Beard Algae?

I mean.... it doesn't look like the stuff in my tank, but it's definitely similar in fuzz density.  Do you see anything elsewhere?

That brown coloration is typical of a bacterial bloom and I usually find them in the filter.  If you have that in the tank, I would check the pump, HOB basket, etc. and just make sure stuff isn't clogged with slime.  A chunk might've broken off and gotten stuck on the wood, or it's just some sort of "something" that grows on the wood.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I mean.... it doesn't look like the stuff in my tank, but it's definitely similar in fuzz density.  Do you see anything elsewhere?

That brown coloration is typical of a bacterial bloom and I usually find them in the filter.  If you have that in the tank, I would check the pump, HOB basket, etc. and just make sure stuff isn't clogged with slime.  A chunk might've broken off and gotten stuck on the wood, or it's just some sort of "something" that grows on the wood.

It isn’t anywhere else in the tank and I just cleaned the HOB filter Saturday… and it wasn’t in there. Maybe it just “wood gunk” 😂

• Like 2