Reintroducing male female apistogramma?

Desktop Aquatics

I separated my pair of apistogramma agassizii after the male ate the fry and attacked the female and beat her up pretty badly. I separated for about 2 weeks until both we healed up and today I readded them but the female is now nonstop chasing down the male and stressing him out a lot. I have now reput him in his hospital tank to chill out again until the morning where I might try it again. Does anyone have any tips for helping me getting these guys to cohabitate and start spawning again?

Are there any fry in the aquarium at all?  How large is the aquarium?

If the male and female are getting aggressive with one another and there aren't any fry in the aquarium, the only thing you can do is provide ample hiding space for the fish that is receiving the abuse and just wait for the fish to 'work out their issues'. 

I'm also guessing you can put in a partition (tank separator) that the fish can see each other through, but not attack one another. I've never tried that personally, but it could work, or, minimally, if they never resolve their issues, at least you won't wind up with one of them dead. 

• Thanks 1

Its a 17 gal, They have hiding spots, but I am 100% no fry in the tank. currently have the male in a spawning box outside the tank with visibility between tanks as they are showing off to each other. might try to reintroduce tomorrow again now that they can see each other more. Ill also be able to see if there are problems.