Looking for some help

Davidg

On 8/16/2022 at 10:58 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

ACO is still working on shipping to EU / UK.  It's not opened yet.  It's in progress!

Aw no problem thanks very much it’s quite hard to find good hatch rate eggs here always getting shells sinking to the bottom 🤦‍♂️

On 8/16/2022 at 11:04 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Interesting.  Maybe some hobbyists local can recommend some for you to try 🙂

What ones do you use now?

I'll add this, potentially some tips for you!

I use these just now they work fine but still get some at bottom I got the ziss Hatcher because of this video just trying to get the better eggs 🙏

E9C1C417-FDCD-43B7-8526-96C5EA5AAE3C.jpeg

• Like 1

I use those eggs, hatch rate seems ok for me after 48 hrs. I store them in the fridge.

Do you add a pinch of bicarb to your water? 

That might help a bit if I remember rightly Scottish water is generally soft with neutral pH. So the bicarb might nudge things in your favour. As far as I can figure every house needs it's own recipe.

You could look at resellers or a third party shipper for co op stuff but that will probably work out prohibitively expensive.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:09 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I use those eggs, hatch rate seems ok for me after 48 hrs. I store them in the fridge.

Do you add a pinch of bicarb to your water? 

That might help a bit if I remember rightly Scottish water is generally soft with neutral pH. So the bicarb might nudge things in your favour. As far as I can figure every house needs it's own recipe.

You could look at resellers or a third party shipper for co op stuff but that will probably work out prohibitively expensive.

It’s ok but could be a lot better and I’ve not put any bicarb in where I am my waters pretty hard would be happy to pay the extra to get someone to send me them out if possible thank you for the reply 🙏