Gourami/ Bolivian ram lovers can I pick your brain?

Guppysnail

@laritheloudAll of this is so good to know. And a relief I won’t be overrun by fry. I seen that 500-1000 eggs and had a panic moment. 😱 

i really like the look of the thick lipped sunset. I’m setting my sights on 1m/3/f as a starting point. While my darling guppies are still with me I’m going to work on growing the tank a bit denser so the TLG feel safe and it baffles any flow. I will most likely move my boys to the new panda group tank as my females age out so I don’t have 1-2 girls being pestered by them. The girls may hopefully make the TLG feel safe when they are new. My girls are sweethearts. 

Thank you again. I’m excited I found a beautiful centerpiece fish 🥰

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Love 1

Ok so now that this work of wonder has been shared with the forum I can show you where I’ve gotten my desire to have a FISH tank instead of a planted tank with tiny fish. Gourami will pale in comparison but it’s as close as I think I can come with peaceful fish and my territorial breeding plecos who let no one on the floor. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, Guppysnail said:

Ok so now that this work of wonder has been shared with the forum I can show you where I’ve gotten my desire to have a FISH tank instead of a planted tank with tiny fish. Gourami will pale in comparison but it’s as close as I think I can come with peaceful fish and my territorial breeding plecos who let no one on the floor. 

I haven't seen this and it's amazing! My dream is to have a minimally/unplanted tank with large interactive fish (like goldfish, large cichlids, or african cichlids. In an ideal world I'd do one of each! But likely what will happen instead is I'll do one at a time). Good luck on your journey ❤️

• Thanks 1