A bug or parasite issue

Latishcia

I am in the process of cycling this 5 gallon planted a tank. And it's almost fully cycled. And I noticed something white look like a DOT, microscopic moving. I can still see it and it moves fast along my plastic tank. It's not jumping, it just moves fast. No clue what it is, if it's a bug or a parasite. Plus I don't know if it's in the sand because my substrate is white colored sand. Now I don't know if I can use general cure or Panacur maybe it can kill off whatever it is. If it is a parasite. What if it's not a parasite and it's a bug what should I do. Should I treat it for both. Any suggestions would be so helpful right now. Cause, I do want to put some shrimp in this tank and maybe some nano fish and it's already starting off on the wrong foot. Recycling process was going good almost there and this happens.. 😱 And my camera can't really pick them up. Sorry about the bad picture it's all I can get. Then I can't put a video on this forum. 

IMG_20220812_202924~2.jpg

IMG_20220812_202805.jpg

The picture isn’t clear enough to ID what you’re seeing—it’s so hard to get clear photos of tiny moving objects! 

Some possible contenders that might have come in with plants or wood are seed shrimp. You can google to see photos of them but keep in mind that photos show them magnified many times so they look bigger than they do in real life. I had them show up in my guppy tank and they basically looked like the head of a pin.
Nothing to worry about, if that’s what they are. Your fish will probably enjoy eating them. There were several in my tank when I discovered them but there are no more now because guppies will eat anything.

Other tiny things that might show up in a tank are baby snails and scuds.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:31 PM, PineSong said:

The picture isn’t clear enough to ID what you’re seeing—it’s so hard to get clear photos of tiny moving objects! 

Some possible contenders that might have come in with plants or wood are seed shrimp. You can google to see photos of them but keep in mind that photos show them magnified many times so they look bigger than they do in real life. I had them show up in my guppy tank and they basically looked like the head of a pin.
Nothing to worry about, if that’s what they are. Your fish will probably enjoy eating them. There were several in my tank when I discovered them but there are no more now because guppies will eat anything.

Other tiny things that might show up in a tank are baby snails and scuds.

Thank you! I still been doing 50% water change. I don't see as many as I use to now. This tank is almost cycled. That gives me the opportunity to get as much as I can out of the tank. ☺️.. I know I may not get them all out. When I am ready to put fish. I'm hoping that is just food for them. And nothing harmful. And they are microscopic like that its hard to get any kind of good pictures...