Glow light Tetra - Movement

Damo.Lo

On 7/28/2022 at 4:36 PM, Damo.Lo said:

@Guppysnail thank you for the informative reply, my bristle nose is still very small and I don’t think it quite knows what it wants 😂 

I’m still trying to get it to eat hikari sinking wafers with out the goldfish getting there first… I’ve got a cave/log for it but I think it’s a bit big and the goldfish can get in there as well 🤦🏻

does the cave need to be at the back as mines at the front and the bristle nose doesn’t really want a bar of it, prefers the rocks 

None of my young ones use a cave. The males do when sexually mature. Only 1 of my females ever used a cave. I put mine right up front against the glass sort of angled with the opening able to be accessed. they feel invisible inside so do not care where it is. Here is a video of my girls cave it’s behind the food dish . I feed wafers at night after lights out. Guppies are 🐷 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 10:47 AM, Guppysnail said:

Oh my no! Don’t tell but encourage mopani. When they see the dark illumination and how active the fish become and fall in love with it…you get to secretly gloat over you friends new love of tannins 😍🤣🤣🤣🤣

She got the mopani.  No complaints except the pleco doesn't touch it!  She said he's always in his cave.  Are plecos nocturnal?  I wonder if he's out and about while she is sleeping?