Nerite Snail Shell Issue

FLFishChik

I recently got one who has similar a few weeks ago. Mine looks like something bit into the shell and cracked it with the spire being gone like yours. I’ve opted to let him repair it himself since where it was cracked it already fused but fused uneven. Continuously feeding calcium added repashy and zoomed spirulina nano blocks.  He has been doin wonderfully.  I don’t have a today picture he is sleeping but doing very well. I felt with the inner membrane exposed anything I did may cause more harm than good. 

E18AEBA5-6693-4055-98B3-999D0BF2F9EA.jpeg

E89CB3E7-3B94-450F-BE99-0F9A972FE1D3.jpeg

On 7/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, FLFishChik said:

Maybe I need to invest in the Repashy w/ calcium?  I'm really worried... the Nerites are actually my favorite little tank cleaners.

I add api liquid calcium to the repashy. You can soak wafers in it. They need to ingest it. But mine are not keen on wafers or repashy it mostly dissolves. The spirulina nano blocks though they do eat. They don’t really repair per say I think. But form un underneath layer I guess. 

On 7/26/2022 at 12:48 PM, Guppysnail said:

I add api liquid calcium to the repashy. You can soak wafers in it. They need to ingest it. But mine are not keen on wafers or repashy it mostly dissolves. The spirulina nano blocks though they do eat. They don’t really repair per say I think. But form un underneath layer I guess. 

would a 'wonder shell' work? i see people use them a lot.