Fish room temperature

tolstoy21

I have a small (15 tank) fishroom in my basement. It shares a space with the (two) water heaters that supply the house and a saltwater sump for an upstairs display thats heated to 80. So the room stays at 75-76 all year long without supplemental heating. But I do have a few small coop heaters in several of the tanks to get them up to 78. 

I'm planning on setting up my garage as a fish room in the coming year. I'm not sure how to best heat the whole room but that's my plan. I will likely keep heaters in the tanks at first though.

I believe water temp sits somewhat below air temp so I think your room would have to be low 80s. Let me know if I'm wrong

On 7/19/2022 at 8:01 AM, tolstoy21 said:

heat your fish rooms instead of using in-tank heaters

Last winter the tanks were between 69 --73 or so. Now they are between 73.9 -- 76.4. (House temp is 72 -- 74 right now) will go up a bit till I turn on the A/C later today. I haven`t check temps when A/C was running, now you have me wondering🙁.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:35 AM, BuzzDaddy21 said:

Last winter the tanks were between 69 --73 or so. Now they are between 73.9 -- 76.4. (House temp is 72 -- 74 right now) will go up a bit till I turn on the A/C later today. I haven`t check temps when A/C was running, now you have me wondering🙁.

What fish do you keep at these temps? I keep everything I own at 78 except for the rice fish I keep outside

On 7/21/2022 at 10:19 PM, bryanisag said:

What fish do you keep at these temps?

Let's say I had my fill of lots of different fish years ago, so this time around I wanted guppies again a couple of pleco`s and some pygmy cory's (21in 2 tanks, to me they are fascinating little fish, never had before.) also a few ottos. 

I also got the bug for shrimp, so some red rili - cherry - black and some amano`s. 

There's only two other fish I would keep, one is a Butterfly Goby also called a Wasp fish and they need brackish water the other is a Belonesox belizanus  also called a pike top minnow the female will give birth to 100 babies 1 inch long and they like baby guppies. I have had these fish 25 years ago but unable to find them now.