Limpet Removal

Zac

Hey all,

How should I go about manually removing some of these limpets? I’d like to lessen their numbers a bit. They’re so flat it’s hard to remove them. I have a flat scraper do I can push them all in the same area but they generally don’t come off. I’m not feeding that much at the moment as I only have amano shrimp. Every day I’ll crack off a couple small pieces of algae wafer, soak them, and crush them into small bits so my amano shrimp don’t fight over them. That’s all I’m feeding at the moment. So I don’t think the amount I’m feeding is an issue

C0915F6D-D737-42B9-A587-2A65F63D44F1.jpeg

6BFA544F-9401-4CBE-A906-CC0827A08E2F.jpeg

On 7/9/2022 at 3:49 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Have you tried making a trap?  I don't know if it will work, but it might be worth a shot.

I do throw some cucumber in there sometimes in hopes of getting them out but it seems only my other “pest” snails I have will eat it

I have some of those suction cups you can put on glass.  I'm trying to think of something that's "easy" for them to get attached onto.  Maybe a piece of kelp or lettuce on the glass?

I am very unfamiliar with their behavior, but that's about all I can think of.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I have some of those suction cups you can put on glass.  I'm trying to think of something that's "easy" for them to get attached onto.  Maybe a piece of kelp or lettuce on the glass?

I am very unfamiliar with their behavior, but that's about all I can think of.

That’s not a bad idea. I can try that and see how it goes