Pygmy cories with endlers??

Phillip

On 6/28/2022 at 4:38 PM, Phillip said:

Does anyone think it would work if I put some Pygmy cories in my endler tank? I have them in a community tank right now. I’d like to get the cories to breed if possible. I don’t have an extra tank at the moment.  

They work great together! However, I'm not sure whether the eggs/fry of the cories will be safe from the endlers. Try putting in a lot of Java moss or something bushy to increase success rate.

1646181295_PygmyCory1.JPG.815c74d3590a720f19ed4ccc088b5624.JPG

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 4:46 PM, CorydorasEthan said:

They work great together! However, I'm not sure whether the eggs/fry of the cories will be safe from the endlers. Try putting in a lot of Java moss or something bushy to increase success rate.

1646181295_PygmyCory1.JPG.815c74d3590a720f19ed4ccc088b5624.JPG

Nice! I figured they would be good tank mates. I’ll try to get a bunch of moss in there, I’d like to get some fry from them. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 5:07 PM, BradfordAquatics said:

As tank mates they'd be great, but if your goal is to breed the cories and raise up some fry, I don't think it will work out like you want it to. Eggs and fry are delicious to fish.

That’s kinda what I figured. I don’t have room for another tank lol

On 6/29/2022 at 3:28 AM, timstanks said:

Worth a try, I colony bred Pygmy Corydoras for ages with Chilli Rasboras in just fine, as soon as I added Clown Killifish/Rocket Panchanx they ate the newly hatched fry

Good to know, thanks. I’ll keep the clown killi’s away lol

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread. But, im looking to start the same kind of tank and im trying to decide between a 20 long and a 20 high. Im leaning towards a 20 high to give them both more space. Do you think it will make a difference?  I have a growout space but really want the community tank as a display.