Fertile or not? That is the question.

FishyMike

Hey guys, just wanted some opinions on whether these angelfish eggs look fertile or not. I got 2 Pearl scale sunset angelfish(that's what I'm calling them lol)  for Fathers Day they are orange and white) the LFS told me they were a male and female but are not paired together. so I tried my luck anyways. They are always following each other around the tank. And today When I went to go feed them I  saw these on the Heater cord. This is my first time dealing with angels. looked like one of them was cleaning them, always closer then the other?

Thank you in advance!

eggs1.png

eggs 2.jpg

Edited by Mikeo
  • Like 1

Thank you for your input!!! that was my first impression! as well. my fingers are crossed I don't plan on doing anything with these but my next step was to add a piece of slate. I got extremely lucky fi these guys are in fact a pair 🙂  

pair on angels.png

• Love 1

Depending on how old the eggs were when you took the picture will tell the story. If it has been 24 hours when you took the picture then yes the eggs were fertilized. But with the other eggs already showing fungus it may affect the fertilized eggs if you don't remove then and put them into a container of some sort with an air stone and a anti fungal of some sort in it.

• Thanks 1

You may have 2 females, look at the breeding tubes when they come out and if they are both blunt at the bottom you have 2 females. If one is blunt and one is pointed then you have a male and female. If you have a male and female sometimes it takes 3 or 4 tries to get it right if this is a brand new breeding pair.

• Thanks 1

I will let them keep trying. if the LFS is correct then they could be a "new Pair" but I wont get my hopes up. its kinda hard to tell it doesn't look like they have any breeding tubes out i will try to get a picture. Plan B is look for a pearl scale gold male! if anyone know of anyone let me know lol