How small of holes will clown Kilis jump through

I your experience, how small of a hole will the clown Kilis jump through? Like, realistically. I've got a DIY polycarbonate lid with a square ish hole cut for the air tubing and heater cord, just barely bigger than the cord. Do you think they'd jump through something like that? Or is it more like if there used to be a HOB and it's not patched up?

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 9:52 PM, Corbidorbidoodle said:

I your experience, how small of a hole will the clown Kilis jump through? Like, realistically. I've got a DIY polycarbonate lid with a square ish hole cut for the air tubing and heater cord, just barely bigger than the cord. Do you think they'd jump through something like that? Or is it more like if there used to be a HOB and it's not patched up?

That should be fine. That's exactly what I've to for my Emerald Killis, and they can be jumpers too. The main point where they get out is any HOB inflow. Something about the water tumbling in makes Killis want to jump.

Think about it like blindly thowing a baseball at a wall. The baseball can technically pass throw any hole as big or bigger than the baseball, but its pretty unlikely. It's a probability game. Personally, i'd sleep better with a little piece of tape covering it.