Small brownish blobs

Marika

Hi I'm trying to figure out what these things are on the bottom of my aquarium. Are they just poop or are they eggs to some parasite? I just switched from a black and white sand substrate to a light tan one so it's possible I just didn't see them before. I have rasboras, shrimp, cory cats, mystery snails, rabbit snails, nerite snails, and a couple pest snails. Could this be one of their poop.  It seems to form in piles and is fairly light. They sit on the bottom but get blown around by the filter. 

Thanks, Marika

1.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 6:53 AM, Fish Folk said:

Some of them look like they might be baby snails. If you sit very still awhile and watch closely, can you see any movement?

Oh yeah, I guess i should have been a little more specific. The big blobs are baby mystery snails (so cute). My ivory mystery snail had babies. But I'm talking about the much smaller oval things in the middle. They don't move at all.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:06 PM, Marika said:

Oh yeah, I guess i should have been a little more specific. The big blobs are baby mystery snails (so cute). My ivory mystery snail had babies. But I'm talking about the much smaller oval things in the middle. They don't move at all.

Yeah, I’m still suspicious the small ones are tiny snail shells.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, Fish Folk said:

Yeah, I’m still suspicious the small ones are tiny snail shells.

Maybe. This morning most of them are gone so now I'm pretty baffled. Maybe the corys ate them? 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, MrWestCoast said:

Those looks like nerite snail egg pods. they look like tiny sesame seeds. they usually lay them on wood/rock/plant stems and sometimes side on glass.

I think that might be what they are, thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 9:19 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

At the time my mystery snails were born, limpets were also born from the same clutch. They look like clear eggs but they are living organisms. They just move very slowly.  

That's really cool!

• Like 1