ICH with sensitive fish

TheBiff

Hi all!  I have a 120 gallon tank with some clown loaches and a black ghost.  At this time only the clown loaches are showing active signs of ich.  I have ICH-X and have used it before with great success in another tank, I have seen the blog entry on this site about using ICH-X (and to not use half dosage), as well as seen the video from Cory talking about using ICH-X across thousands of fish without issue, but I have seen all over the place that using full dosage ICH-X on sensitive fish like loaches or knife fish is a no no.  Currently the temp is at 86 (this is not the normal temp as I have other fish in the tank that like it a bit cooler) but I am wonder what all of your experience is with ICH-X and sensitive fish?

Using half doses of ick x won't cure ich I would always recommend using the full dose of ick x it should be safe for scaleless fish my friend successfully  treated his hillstream loach with ick x at full strength and didn't have any problem i have used with bristlenose pleco to treat  fungus on his fin at full strength didn't have any problems 

Edited by Colu
Typo
  • Like 1