Internal Filter Recommendation

RichNJ

Any recommendations for a small and simple internal filter to use for temporary purposes (polishing water)?  I already have a Co-op medium sponge in a cycled 20L.  Just looking for a temporary filter to use on demand to polish the water up and remove floating organic particles.  

On 6/6/2022 at 10:53 AM, Pepere said:

I have a fondness for the old school airstone driven box filters.  

Lees triple flow is one still sold.

fill it with polyfill for quick polishing, all activated carbon for chemical filtering, run ceramic media in it for biofilter,  in an emergency to use in a quarantine tank you could add gravel from a cycled aquarium….  Just rather versatile, and adds aeration in the process.

Thanks, was thinking of that too.  We have one in our little betta tank as the only filter with floss, sponge, and matrix.  Hard to weigh it down though sometimes.   

For our 20L, if I went this route, I’d have to split the line going to my sponge which is powered by the co op nano pump…or I guess get another nano pump. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update…I used a Sicce Nano Micron internal filter ($20 on Amazon).  I didn’t use the provided sponge, but used some blue filter floss and a polishing pad (left over scraps). The tank looks better in two weeks, and much less floating particles.  I already rinse out the media too as it clogged up pretty fast. 

• Love 1