Greetings from Northern Colorado

TUCCI

Hello everyone I'm TUCCI and excited to join. I've already been posting some thread discussions and getting real good feedback. I got away from aquariums for close to a decade since moving here from Arizona. I've had fresh and Salt tanks with fresh being my favorite (specifically the Monster fish variety). I'm slowly putting together 75 display and needed to reorient myself to whats been going on in my absence.

My favorite fish are clownloaches and I want a full complement of them with a handful of Frontosas. Where I'm going to get the Fronts from, I haven't figured out yet but hey thats what I've got this Forum for!! Finding great looking Clowns is also a quandary but I'm taking it slow (whats the hurry right?). Getting the tank setup and cycling it without stock is step 2. See everyone out there.....Cheers

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, TUCCI said:

Hello everyone I'm TUCCI and excited to join. I've already been posting some thread discussions and getting real good feedback. I got away from aquariums for close to a decade since moving here from Arizona. I've had fresh and Salt tanks with fresh being my favorite (specifically the Monster fish variety). I'm slowly putting together 75 display and needed to reorient myself to whats been going on in my absence.

My favorite fish are clownloaches and I want a full complement of them with a handful of Frontosas. Where I'm going to get the Fronts from, I haven't figured out yet but hey thats what I've got this Forum for!! Finding great looking Clowns is also a quandary but I'm taking it slow (whats the hurry right?). Getting the tank setup and cycling it without stock is step 2. See everyone out there.....Cheers

Welcome! I took a pretty long break after being really into it in the 90s, all freshwater. Cichlids and oscars back then, broader community now. Clown Loaches are a big favorite for me too (and frontosas) but I haven't had a large enough tank for them yet. The 75s might be, but they are going to be mostly south americans.

Try and catch one of the older YT videos from the Coop so you can see Cory's 800gallon when he had it packed with tiger barbs, clown loaches, etc as pals for his Mbu puffer Ladybird. There was one livestream in particular where I had a hard time paying attention because I was mesmerized by this MONSTER clown loach in there - it must have been a foot long and chonky! He mostly sat in one spot while the smaller ones derped around him for ages.

I think the biggest change since I came back is better lighting and ease of keeping an amazing planted tank. No more fake plants for me! Cool DIY CO2 systems to support that plant growth, wifi outlets, apps to manage lighting, water change systems, etc. And this community - I was on forums back in the 90s, and this feels a lot like a bit of the interwebs that still feels good. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, Jawjagrrl said:

Welcome! I took a pretty long break after being really into it in the 90s, all freshwater. Cichlids and oscars back then, broader community now. Clown Loaches are a big favorite for me too (and frontosas) but I haven't had a large enough tank for them yet. The 75s might be, but they are going to be mostly south americans.

Try and catch one of the older YT videos from the Coop so you can see Cory's 800gallon when he had it packed with tiger barbs, clown loaches, etc as pals for his Mbu puffer Ladybird. There was one livestream in particular where I had a hard time paying attention because I was mesmerized by this MONSTER clown loach in there - it must have been a foot long and chonky! He mostly sat in one spot while the smaller ones derped around him for ages.

I think the biggest change since I came back is better lighting and ease of keeping an amazing planted tank. No more fake plants for me! Cool DIY CO2 systems to support that plant growth, wifi outlets, apps to manage lighting, water change systems, etc. And this community - I was on forums back in the 90s, and this feels a lot like a bit of the interwebs that still feels good. 🙂

Thanks for the info .....

• Like 1