What to dose with?

Caidenh24

I have a redtail shark and she usually chases other fish but recently she has just been sitting at the bottom of the tank not touching the other fish. She also has been itching a lot. My question is what should I dose my aquarium with? I have prazipro. Also one of my mollies might have a disease so to help from spreading can I use a UV Sterilizer or will that like counter act the medicine. Thanks!

What are your water parameters when you say itching how often is it rubbing of on thing in the tank is it eating ok what is wrong with your Molly if you can take a picture that would help with a diagnosis if your treating with medication you should turn your UV steriliser and remove any active carbon from your filter

On 5/25/2022 at 3:31 AM, Colu said:

What are your water parameters when you say itching how often is it rubbing of on thing in the tank is it eating ok what is wrong with your Molly if you can take a picture that would help with a diagnosis if your treating with medication you should turn your UV steriliser and remove any active carbon from your filter

I am not home right now so I can text my parameters I will tell you the ones I know for sure though. Nitrate-20 Nitrite-0 Gh-0.  My Molly looks like what it did when it was trying to breed with my other Molly. The top of it on the face is white and it looks like scales coming off. Should I turn on it or turn it off? I also have plants in there is the Uv sterilizer would effect it. Thanks!

On 5/25/2022 at 6:46 AM, Colu said:

Does the white patch have a fuzzy appearance and you can use your UV just turn it of if your using medication 

Ok. It might a little I can tell as of now I will see if I can find a picture online of what it looks like.

On 5/25/2022 at 7:05 PM, Colu said:

If it's does have a fuzzy appearance then I would do a course of Jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone and then I would follow up with a course of prazipro for your redtail black shark

Sorry I forgot to respond, I can’t get a good photo but it doesn’t appear to be fuzzy. Do you think it is just rubbing from trying to breed with the female? It has happened before. Thanks!

On 5/26/2022 at 11:36 AM, Colu said:

2 course is 2 full course of treatment following the instructions on the bottle 2 weeks apart

Oh ok. It says to dose once every 3 days so would I dose it once and then 3 days later dose again and then wait 2 weeks and do the same thing again? Thanks!