I did a thing...

Cinnebuns

It took longer than expected but last night I officially achieved the guppy setup I have been working towards since I started this hobby in November. Mainly, I produced enough males to exclusively keep a group of males in my main tank. 

Some may remember part of why it took this long. I had a female that for several months refused to give birth. She still hasnt!  Not everyone wants to be a mom I guess. I gave up on her eventually and got myself 2 new females. One recently passed but between the 2 I finally grew out a group of males. Most in this group are roughly 3 months old. 

Oh and no I didn't keep my 1 remaining female in with all these males. I wouldn't even wanna force a female human to those kinds of ratios. She is in with the female fry. 

I can't wait till a couple of months from now when these guys' colors are even bolder!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 5/21/2022 at 12:37 PM, Anjum said:

They're gorgeous!! 😍

Ty!!  A lot of people, like myself, get super judgemental of anything they create and it's hard to see the true beauty, so it's good to get that feedback. I sometimes make excuses like "they aren't old enough yet I swear they WILL be pretty" and forget they are already pretty!

Side note:  my 2 fav are the blue Shiney on at the very beginning and the half blue half red one 5 seconds in. The blue one I will likely be breeding but the half and half one I won't cause it's less "pure" but I don't think that takes away my enjoyment of him for himself. I kinda like that mixed coloring like they couldn't decide which gene to pick.