Removing excess copper from tap

Debbiedj

Does anyone know how i can remove excess copper from my tap? Have been testing in aquariums and is higher then should be. I realized i had repipped two years ago and of course it was copper. i believe that is where the excess is coming from. 

Most of my fish have been still doing ok except my rummynose rasbora's which stay dark instead of the beautiful blue they used to be. i'm thinking it may be the copper? I have planted tanks and found online that carbon will remove from tanks which i havn't used for years..  i want to remove it from tab before it gets to tanks. 

I'm looking for a condioner that will remove, looking but havn't found a liquid. I see that seachem has a product, but i already use purigen and don't have room in filters for additonal additive. as i mentioned would like to remove from tap before it gets into tanks.

i fill 5 gal buckets in bathtub and adjust temp and add my water conditoners then before changing water in tank. Am going to look into reverse osmosis but for the moment need a quicker resolution. 

thank you

Thanks

Debbiedj

The most efficient way to do this is to use a RO/DI filter. Chemically binding any mineral/element with an 'elixer' doesn't remove it, more so converts it to something else or makes it a solid precipitate in order to be removed. In terms of Copper, I would recommend using an RO/DI filter, but they can be a significant investment.