Popeye Tx med question

DebD

Grabbed this guy that was dropped off at my lfs today. I had a cycled planted 5.5g, w/ no fish, that I had been debating on using for a betta or shrimp. He's eaten live bbs, has a healthy appetite, and is quite active since I've brought him home 

So far I added 2 tbsp salt. I've used 1 scoop kanaplex mixed w/1 scoop focus then put 1 scoop of that mix in with a 1/2 tbsp of defrosted bloodworms (2.5 cubes).A full tbsp of bloodworms seemed a bit much to make. The other scoop I'm debating on adding to repashy or pellets/flakes to freeze/store for future use 

He's eaten 2 bloodworms as I meant to have only 1 in the tongs. What would be dosage from here on out per bloodworm ? 

Ph 6.6

Amm 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 10

Gh 25ppm

Kh 50ppm

Screenshot_20220418-172542_Video Player.jpg

20220418_142640.jpg

Bilateral Popeye is usually caused by a bacterial infection I would keep treating for 7 days with kanaplex in food and aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons that will help with any possible fluid buildup behind the eyes I would recommend using pellets in stead of frozen with kanaplex

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

• Love 1

On 4/18/2022 at 5:39 PM, Colu said:

Bilateral Popeye is usually caused by a bacterial infection I would keep treating for 7 days with kanaplex in food and aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons that will help with any possible fluid buildup behind the eyes I would recommend using pellets in stead of frozen with kanaplex

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

That's a lot of pellets how do you store the leftovers 🤔 since he'll never finish all that and would like to use for other fish in case I need it. 

20220418_175126.jpg

On 4/18/2022 at 10:52 PM, DebD said:

That's a lot of pellets how do you store the leftovers 🤔 since he'll never finish all that and would like to use for other fish in case I need it. 

20220418_175126.jpg

I store any leftover medicated food in the fridge the 5 days

On 4/18/2022 at 5:54 PM, Colu said:

I store any leftover medicated food in the fridge the 5 days

If the salt did this I'm assuming the 1 feeding w/kanaplex didn't assist but should I keep it up for 7 days ? 

He's like a different fish. Swelling/white is gone 😳

Screenshot_20220419-065143_Video Player.jpg

20220419_070645.jpg

Edited by DebD

I would would finish the full course of kanaplex in food for 7 days just to make sure any bacterial infection is delt with and keep adding the salt till you have finished your course of kanaplex and then monitor closely you could also add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties a lot Betta keeper and breeder use them you need to add 1 leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect

20220419_073056.jpg.2e90b3aba7502ae861d432c69b3aac13.jpgAwesome. I had a bunch of broken up almond leaves as leaf litter prior so the water was already full of tannins 😃

On 4/19/2022 at 7:08 AM, Colu said:

I would would finish the full course of kanaplex in food for 7 days just to make sure any bacterial infection is delt with and keep adding the salt till you have finished your course of kanaplex and then monitor closely you could also add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties a lot Betta keeper and breeder use them you need to add 1 leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect

Edited by DebD
  • Like 1