FritzZyme Dosing

SunniSki

On 4/15/2022 at 1:54 PM, SunniSki said:

I found this in FritzZyme 7 …. I was thinking you dose it daily like stability….??? I have been dosing this daily but maybe I’m wrong??

https://fritzaquatics.com/assets/files/uploads/XDEZJ-FritzZyme7.pdf

I wouldn’t dose it daily. Just enough to get your aquarium cycled and have the established bacteria/plants do the rest (besides water changes of course). Ammonia spikes/cloudy water can be caused by a drastic increase in bacteria so I think you’re probably fine to not dose it every day. Plus it can get expensive if you’re treating the whole tank every day 

On 4/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, Zac said:

I wouldn’t dose it daily. Just enough to get your aquarium cycled and have the established bacteria/plants do the rest (besides water changes of course). Ammonia spikes/cloudy water can be caused by a drastic increase in bacteria so I think you’re probably fine to not dose it every day. Plus it can get expensive if you’re treating the whole tank every day 

I just was treating it the same as you would stability when trying to cycle a tank… 🤦🏼‍♀️

On 4/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, SunniSki said:

I just was treating it the same as you would stability when trying to cycle a tank… 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ah okay that makes more sense. I interpreted it as you already had an established tank 

On 4/15/2022 at 10:54 AM, SunniSki said:

I found this in FritzZyme 7 …. I was thinking you dose it daily like stability….??? I have been dosing this daily but maybe I’m wrong??

https://fritzaquatics.com/assets/files/uploads/XDEZJ-FritzZyme7.pdf

The directions say to dose X amount per 10G. (or up to 10x that amount). The directions don't say to re-dose or to dose over a period of time. The Seachem directions seem to be more thoughtful to remove any questions on method.

You are going to be safe with either method, slower dosing over time (stability) or by dosing it in larger chunks several times and giving the bacteria a few days to seed itself.

Edited by nabokovfan87