Sick Apisto

Zac

Hey all,

I have an Apisto who isn’t doing too well. Nitrates are 10ish, nitrites and ammonia are at 0. He’s been isolating himself for 3 days and hasn’t been eating. Once in a while he will flash and make a squirming movement. I’m treating with general cure but today I noticed his scales are peeling away on his left side. The area is pale around it. I noticed some odd behavior a week or so prior to this happening however I pushed it off thinking it was no big deal. For example, when I stirred up the substrate while doing a water change he would flash once and then he would act fine until I stirred up the substrate again a week later. So I figured maybe a small amount of debris got in his gill or something. Also, he would hide but still come out to eat so I thought he was fine. He shares a 30 gallon tank with tetras, corys, a pleco, and some otos. They’re all doing great except for him. What kind of infection am I dealing with? I’m treating for parasites (not ich). 

If his scales are peeling that. Could be caused by him rubbing of things in the tank or bacterial infection what I would do is after your Frist course of general cure do a course of kanaplex or maracyn2 they are good antibiotics treatments for when fish aren't eating as their adsorbed thought the skin and gills of fish and repeat the the general cure in two weeks after the Frist course you could try soaking his food in seachems garlic guard to encourage him to eat

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:11 PM, Colu said:

If his scales are peeling that. Could be caused by him rubbing of things in the tank or bacterial infection what I would do is after your Frist course of general cure do a course of kanaplex or maracyn2 they are good antibiotics treatments for when fish aren't eating as their adsorbed thought the skin and gills of fish and repeat the the general cure in two weeks after the Frist course you could try soaking his food in seachems garlic guard to encourage him to eat

Should I worry about the other fish getting infected if they aren’t showing symptoms and stress is minimal?