Light ID, and can it work without remote...

I got this light with a glass box full of stuff. I'm pretty sure it's a Finnex Planted 24/7 20" (but not "+"). Could any of you confirm? All the specs seem to fit...

But, of course, there's no remote. Can any of you suggest a replacement option? I've read (if my ID is correct) that when you plug it in the light believes it's 6am until told otherwise. I suppose I could just get up early and plug it in... Anybody just run it on default?

I'm considering buying another of the same light, then I'll have the remote that'll work on both. But that's a little bit of a chunk of change. Anybody know if I can buy a replacement remote somewhere? Anyone got an spare?

IMG_20220331_142311.jpg

IMG_20220331_142324.jpg

IMG_20220401_101542.jpg

• Administrators

Back in the day, they allowed us retailers to purchase replacement remotes for $5. I have no idea if they are still doing anything like that. But definitely worth a try. This is one of the reasons I don't support lights that have to have remotes, often they fall into water, or get lost leaving an awkward situation for the customer. Come to think of it. I believe they stopped offering the remotes for us to buy as replacements and that was a nail in the coffin for those light series for us.