Is this a form of algae?

• 1 month later...

I get in my tanks at times. If I get it I do one of 3 things. 
1. add snails(mystery or nertile) they tend to eat it up. I have a indoor pond like the one shown by Dean full of snails. I have two. I’ll add the snails and leave them until clean. I also cut back on food to every other day. 
2. lots of small brittlenose plecos. I found that at 1”-1.5” they feed very well on this. They will also feed on the wood some. As they get bigger they are not as Efficient in eating it. 
3. if all else fails start over. I have only had to do this once. 

it sounds like you are feeding twice a day you can really cut back on food. If you are not breeding it should not be a problem. I have found that fish will graze on more in the tank on pretty much everything. I would cut feeding a lot. I would still feed the variety and skip a day for a bit not forever. I don’t know the size of the tank I tried to look but could find it here. I probably just missed it. If you have room look into fish/snails that feed on bio film. The two snails I Mentioned earlier will and population control is easy. Mystery snails need dry area to lay eggs and the eggs need to stay dry. Nertile can lay eggs but they typically don’t hatch in fresh water. 
 Hope this helped.