another medaka egg devolopment jurnal

CT_

I've got another group of eggs and pictures are always fun 😉

This time I've got a different camera and different illumination.   I've been pulling eggs on and off for about 6 days.  I couldn't find my eye dropper so I had to pull an egg with a string attached, but this one is still a lot cleaner than the last time I did this.  I may not pull the same egg each time I post this time.  I haven't decided how I'll update this thread. 

I'm guessing this is about 2 days post fertilization.  you can see the eyes forming but no pigments yet.  In the gif you can also see the heart beat already.  That was too hard to spot in my last setup.528558223_WIN_20220328_15_13_41_Pro(2).jpg.b42246a39a5aa535a28e05694b4a19e9.jpg

[I can't seem to successfully attach the gif.  here's a youtube link]

Edited by CT_
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

my last photos were done through a stereo inspection microscope with top illumination.  This was done with a flashlight from the side-ish on a 20$ "microscope"  I'm playing with better illumination right now to see what gives me the most detail for cheap.  If I remember I'll bring an egg in to work and see what it looks like under a very very expensive microscope.

Here's another egg 5-6 days pf.  you can see blood circulation really well now (though the youtube recompression make it hard to see the blood cells move.

Edited by CT_
  • Like 1