Unique Decorations or Themed Tanks

Efrojd

Hello,

I am putting together a Star Wars Themed tank. I found a few things online like action figures( are these ok long term) and vehicles. I was just wondering where people go to get there decorations or what you use to decorate your tanks. Other unique ways to decorate your tank then themed. I look on Amazon, Etsy and Ebay right now. 

Can you use Legos long term?

If you have pictures of unique tanks or decorations please attach!! 🙂 

Thank you,

Eric

Edited by Efrojd

I've been exploring 3d printing (another hobby of mine) decor for my tanks. I think using a polyurethane spray coat would make them aquarium safe as long as it's fully cured.

Might be interesting for your idea since there are tons of Star Wars models out there to download and 3d print.

• Like 2

Most of what I have found says LEGO plastic is stable and won't degrade in water, however, metal parts may not be. I would not put anything other than stainless steel in my tank. As far as action figures, I don't know what is inside, but often there will be pieces of metal so I would steer clear of them.

I love the idea of 3D printed decorations and think that's a good way to be creative as long as you are using the right plastics.

• Like 1

One theme i wanted to try was a "mini ocean." Basically a bunch of fish that look like large ocean fish. Rainbow shark, hillstream loaches, kuhli loaches, emperor tetras, baby whale, fish like those. Then common decorations like shipwrecks would work really well. Another idea would be a shrimp city  with moss trees and some super short carpet, along with model building the shrimps could go in and out of. Other than that, i only use rock, wood, and plants. Well, i do have pvp pipe in my qt.

• Like 1