Sunset Honey Gourami with parasite?

kaleido

Attached is a photo of my Sunset Honey Gourami that my husband says he thinks looks like a possible parasite. Hoping someone here can help identify. He is eating well and swimming normally. I have noticed some flashing, but thought it was due to stress as we had pulled out one of the larger plants while we waited for some new ones to come. I have not noticed it again since we put the new plants in, but noticed the spot on his side tonight in the picture below (tried to get the best picture I could). 

Water Parameters:

• Water Temp: 75 degrees F
  • pH: 7.4
  • Ammonia: 0 ppm
  • Nitrite: 0 ppm
  • Nitrates: 5 ppm
  • Hardness: Between 75 - 150 (hard to determine where it falls as I only have a test strip)

Recently had a water change on Monday night when adding the new plants.

PXL_20220324_020337490.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

That looks like it has rubbed some scales off if you think it's parasites have you noticed any rapid breathing white stringy poop your fish regularly rubbing on things in the tank weight loss 

Edited by Colu

I haven't noticed any rapid breathing, white stringy poop, or weight loss. I did see some rubbing on things in the tank several days ago, but I haven't noticed it the last few days. He is doing a fair amount of glass surfing on the front of the tank tonight, but not really rubbing the side with the spot.

Flashing can be cause by parasites such as gill flukes ich  fish also flash when ammonia is present or other chemical pollution active carbon dust from filter can irritate the gills on some if your seeing flashing every the your work past the tank then if more then likely parasites if it's just once I'm while I wouldn't worry