Mmiller2001 fert help please

@Mmiller2001, im still struggling with ferts and usually default to keeping it lean until I see deficiencies (essentially always playing catchup) . Here is my current tank after a huge trim/replant. Would you consider this medium or heavily planted. And how much Easy Green/Easy Iron would you recommend daily. 

20220313_140819.jpg

Edited by JoeQ

I would consider that just below medium/medium planted (subjectively) based on plant mass.

Keeping things lean works well. I can only say what I would do personally and if using EG I would dose NO3 as proxy to 12ppm weekly with 50% water changes.

I would dose Iron to.25ppm no CO², and .4ppm with CO².

I'd also fill the Fe gap with a good micro mix chelated for my pH.

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 11:50 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

I would consider that just below medium/medium planted (subjectively) based on plant mass.

Keeping things lean works well. I can only say what I would do personally and if using EG I would dose NO3 as proxy to 12ppm weekly with 50% water changes.

I would dose Iron to.25ppm no CO², and .4ppm with CO².

Thanks, its a no co2 tank. I'm also picking up some nitrogen today, after it grows in for a few weeks, nitrogen and potassium are usually the first deficiencies to show. 

Thanks Mmiller2001 but at this point you are speaking Greek to me. Learning the math will probably come later down the road on account of a self diagnosed case of OCD. But for now im just sticking to basic measurements of pumps and milliliters!