Anyone Keeping Cuban limia (Limia vittata)?

Julie

Hello!

My local (well, a 3 hour drive, but still the closest) shop got in Cuban limia and I feel in love with them.  So now I have 8 in my community tank.  I'm about to set up a separate tank for them.  One of the little guys has fallen in love with my pearl gourami.  She is a sweet girl and put up with it for a few weeks but now she's tired of him basically exposing himself to her all day. 

I know at least one of the female Cubans gave birth.  I've seen a couple of fry.  My tank is basically a jungle right now with loads of floating plants, including a ton of water hyacinth, so there very well may be more that I just can't see. 

There doesn't seem to be a ton of research and resources out there about this species.  Every site has the same general info.  I'd love to hear some tips about keeping these guys happy and maybe some tank set up ideas.  (I don't have room on my racking system to try to raise mangroves. 😁)

Thanks!

--Julie

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know this is a little late to add to this thread. 

However I am researching about limias myself right now. So I searched up "Limia" on the forum to see what I could get. @Fish Folk you mentioned contacting Greg Sage. Luckily enough he has already posted a care guide about them on selectaquatics.com

http://www.selectaquatics.com/care_guide_l._nigro.htm

• Love 1