Finnex lights

I have had such great luck with my (1) Stingray (36” on a 40B) and (2) Stingray 2s ((1) 30” on a 20L and (1) 48” on a 75) that I bought one of their more expensive lights for my 75 community tank. (Planted plus 24/7 ALC 48”). It’s been a great light as far as color and programmability and plant growth has been great. Recently about 4 months after installing it one half of the white LEDs are much dimmer than the other half of the light. This went away a few times after a cold reboot of the controller, but is now permanent. I’ve submitted a warranty claim to Finnex but haven’t heard back yet. Anyone else have this or similar light and see this kind of issue? I’m fortunate to have a cousin who is an electrical engineer and he has a theory about the current controller for the white LED circuit, but I’m waiting to see if Finnex will do anything for me before I start cutting. Super frustrating, and surprising since my Stingrays seem to be going strong. image.jpg.ed26a2c756a3a91b30cf4fa234a0c739.jpg

• Thanks 1

Interesting, I was gonna post a question about those lights asking for reviews. I have a few Stingrays in my Coop cart right now, I’m rebuilding my fish room racks and was going to mount about 6 of them. 

I’m sorry I don’t have anything to add but I’ll be following this post to see the responses. 

• Thanks 1

My Stingrays (1&2) have been and are still going strong. Great value light IMO. 

thanks for the feedback on the shorter ALC and HLC. I was able to get the other half of the white LEDs to go full bright intermittently by lightly pressing on the clear plastic cover near the junction of the two halves of the light, so think there’s a bad solder joint on there. Maybe the shorter lights don’t need this. 

I’ll report back on what Finnex says/does. It should still be under warranty.

thanks all

Austin

I have 2 finnex ALC lights 48 inch ,, I have had no problems with mine so far . like them I had them about a year I did not have trouble with the remote either

Only trouble i had is not the lights faults  But mine . trying to find what works for my lights tank, fish and plants .. i have been like a yo-yo  trying to balance  setting it high and wait and then low ,, and playing with fertilizer but hopefully 🤞this time i found the culprit and root my tap water it has high phosphates and silicates trying to work on that now 

Edited by Bev C
  • Thanks 1