shrimp scare

CT_

I saw a shrimp freak out out of the corner of my eye and went to investigate.  she was laying on her side and twitching.  I almost pooped my pants because i thought my water was bad but I had just checked it about 20  minutes earlier.  I ran to my computer to look up the problem and some sources said she could be molting.  I check the tank again and there she is acting normal like nothing ever happened with a molt laying on the substrate.  I wish I knew so I could have stayed to watch it.  I've never seen a shrimp molt in person. 

here she is looking at me like nothing happened shortly after almost giving me a heart attack.

shrimp.gif.37c5915804e6a7419d15eed03666aea7.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I really like your setup! I have a nano shrimp setup too, but not the one I planned on because it has a bezerker betta in it. I started mine up last September, and now the oldest babies are starting to be berried and numbers jumping up quite a bit! Don't tell my other fish, but it's my favorite tank in the house 😄 Seeing new shrimplets is so much fun and their quirky behaviors. I am finally over the terror that each molt I find is my white pearl palmata in distress! She stays perpetually pregnant, only taking about 3 days between clutches.

I do have a little clear bowl now, but at first I was using any number of small ceramic items like vintage ashtrays, soy sauce bowls I have for sushi, etc. Good luck with your shrimp, looking forward to updates!

• Like 1