Aquarium vase guppy fry

Redness

So yesterday I saw 2 guppy fry in my community tank and i put them in a breeding box. Now i want to build them there own tank to avoid inbreeding, i want to make a planted vase aquarium for them. Would this be okay? If so what filtration would i need? And how do i instant cycle that tank? 

Thanks in advance 

It’s possible to pull it off, but why do you not want them in your community tank?

It would be much easier to get a 10 gallon tank with a small aquaclear and a small heater. Guppies nowadays need to be kept at least around 75° for them to not get sick. As far as instant cycle goes, use some gravel from your other tank and load it up with plants. 

On 3/4/2022 at 2:58 PM, Beau Burkhalter said:

It’s possible to pull it off, but why do you not want them in your community tank?

It would be much easier to get a 10 gallon tank with a small aquaclear and a small heater. Guppies nowadays need to be kept at least around 75° for them to not get sick. As far as instant cycle goes, use some gravel from your other tank and load it up with plants. 

I want to avoid inbreeding with guppies as much as posible, they are already pretty weak due to inbreeding. I wil put a heater in the vase aquarium i foud a really small one at my LFS. I'm also gonna buy a small sponge filter and put it in the community tank for 2 weeks would that be fine as a means of instantly cycling the tank? 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:13 AM, Redness said:

I wil put a heater in the vase aquarium i foud a really small one at my LFS.

If this will be in your house it's not likely to need a heater.  I don't have any in my guppy tanks.

I'm also gonna buy a small sponge filter and put it in the community tank for 2 weeks would that be fine as a means of instantly cycling the tank? 

Four weeks is usually recommended to properly seed a sponge filter, but for just two fry two weeks should be plenty.  I suspect their bioload would be so small that you wouldn't need to seed it first at all, but I'm not absolutely sure about that.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 7:53 PM, JettsPapa said:

If this will be in your house it's not likely to need a heater.  I don't have any in my guppy tanks.

My room gets kind of cold in the winter and at night, so a heater would be the best and its rreally not that expensive. 

On 3/4/2022 at 7:53 PM, JettsPapa said:

Four weeks is usually recommended to properly seed a sponge filter, but for just two fry two weeks should be plenty.  I suspect their bioload would be so small that you wouldn't need to seed it first at all, but I'm not absolutely sure about that.

I'll just do it for insurance 

• Like 1

I want to avoid inbreeding with guppies as much as posible, they are already pretty weak due to inbreeding. I wil put a heater in the vase aquarium i foud a really small one at my LFS. I'm also gonna buy a small sponge filter and put it in the community tank for 2 weeks would that be fine as a means of instantly cycling the tank? 

Yeah your two weeks Is plenty of time. I really do recommend a heater as those guppies will probably get sick if they get too cool.