FX6 CO2 by intake?

I just set up CO2 and I'm not loving all the micro bubbles. Curious if anyone has their CO2 diffuser by the intake of an fluval FX canister filter? Any potential issues with this? I feel like maybe a bacteria oxygen issue? I know it purges air every 12 hours so I would image that might help any issues?

I know I could try to diy a reactor but I'd rather not at this point and can't find any premade reactors that will fit. 

Let me know if I'm being ridiculous! If you actually have experience doing it, i would love to know!

Thanks!

You certainly are not being ridiculous, I also hate Sprite water! I would say a majority of people don't do it that way, but some do. And of those who do, haven't reported anything negative. That said, these are reports from my general readings, through various forums and such, and I'm not digging for updates on there progress. Keep that in mind.

You mention not wanting to do a DIY reactor, I understand that for sure. The tubing is so different from other filters! But know you could use different tubing that will work with DIY reactors. Alternatively, you could use an inline pump to connect a DIY reactor or preassembled reactor in it's own loop. It would add a second intake and output, but maybe offer you a solution.

I use these pumps and they have worked well so far. SICCE Syncra Silent 1.0 Multi-Purpose Pump, designed for freshwater and saltwater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZJDN5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_QHFN0G06YS3SKRJBVWGR?psc=1

May I ask what size tubing the FX has?

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 11:37 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

I went digging a bit. Can you confirm the tubing is 1 inch?

If so: Shazam

https://www.nilocg.com/shop/na-advanced-co2-reactor-for-aquariums/

They even have an option for rubber connections for ribbed tubing!

Thank you! Yes the tubing is 1 inch and I saw this as well. I'll have to inquire what the shipping would be like for Canada. 

Appreciate the response and ideas! You would think there's would be a simple and cheap option from fluval but maybe I'll also consider the inline route. 

Yeah, unfortunately, they just want to keep things proprietary. I hate that! 

I use a 20 inch RO housing for my CO2 situation. Those inline pumps work really well. You just reverse the in and out directions when you set it up and place a peice of 30ppi sponge near the bottom to keep the Micro bubbles from be dispelled through the chamber.