Jump to content

Water Parameter Question


Recommended Posts

I've had my quarantine tank (10 Rubbermaid tub) set up for quite awhile, parameters have been stable. I have two seasoned sponge filters in the "tank" and I've been adding a pinch of fish food every day. I got some new fish on Saturday and I think I overloaded the quarantine tank because my parameters are now not OK. I did a 50 water change on Sunday (I stated seeing ammonia Sunday evening) and yesterday (Monday). I added a HOB filter and put a Purigen packet in it. I've been adding Prime and Stability according to package instructions. I just checked my water and I'm at Ammonia .5, Nitrite .25 and Nitrate 5. I'm assuming that even though the Prime "binds" the nitrite/nitrate, my test would still appear elevated?  Anyway, my question is, should I do a 50% water change now and redose the Prime/Stability or wait until tomorrow AM and test again? I have Panda Cory's, Celestial Pearl Danios and Emerald Rasboras in the tank. There is also a big gob of Java Moss floating around in there with the fish.

Edited by dmurray407
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...