Feeding a betta

Leo2o915

I fed hugo 4-5 pellets a day, of course this depends on the size of pellet. I fed Hugo the hikari betta bio gold, as well as the New Life Spectrum Betta Pellets. The NLS Pellets were a little bigger so it was about 3-4. 

I watched hugos stomach and made sure he wasnt too fat. I felt that the amount I fed him was great he only seemed to thrive when he was healthy. 

I gave him one day each week to fast without food. This was usually sometime on the weekend, or whatever day was too busy to look after my fish.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 6:17 PM, Leo2o915 said:

So got for first Alien Betta 🙂named him Greedo was wondering when feeding him how Much do you feed ur bettas ? I’m mixing between pellets and blood worms frozen or freeze dried 

i feed my bettas 4 1.5 mm pellets and blood worm i feed to get them fat and dont feed the next day

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 4:37 PM, bettta999 said:

i feed my bettas 4 1.5 mm pellets and blood worm i feed to get them fat and dont feed the next day

So 4 a day ? Ok been feeding 4 once then feed him another 4 at night so split them 2 once and two at night ? And when you feed blood worms how much do you give him 

I never fed mysis, and my brain is not signaling a memory of reading any research on mysis and betta bowel habits.

I clearly remember the study on IAL, and another one on daphnia for treating constipation. I remember that research showed too much roughage (like incompletely hatched bbs, or too many scuds, or too much vegetable matter in prepared foods) correlated with increased constipation. 

I don't remember seeing any studies on the mysis, though.