corys not getting food

BETTA999

On 1/21/2022 at 8:01 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

Try feeding them after the lights are off. I throw in sinking pellets or wafers for my corys several times a week just after the lights go off. 

i have done it and even then my bettas are looking for food

I don't have advice, just sympathy. I have a pig of a Gourami doing the same thing. After lights out, first thing in the morning before the sun comes up, doesn't seem to matter... She's ALWAYS watching. Trying repashy tonight to see if that works better. Otherwise, I may have to try building some sort of Cory fort that she can't get under 🤷

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 5:55 PM, April0617 said:

I don't have advice, just sympathy. I have a pig of a Gourami doing the same thing. After lights out, first thing in the morning before the sun comes up, doesn't seem to matter... She's ALWAYS watching. Trying repashy tonight to see if that works better. Otherwise, I may have to try building some sort of Cory fort that she can't get under 🤷

looks like im not the only one with a 24 pig fish

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:41 PM, April0617 said:

Not at all! I was actually going to make a post about the same thing! Bottom Scratcher repashy was what I got! Hoping for good results🤞

yes hope you do if not dont need to make a post here we can discuus it

• Like 1

My recommendation would be to feed the bettas first (or any other fish for other members experiencing this issue) and then feed a food that is long lasting in the aquarium such as repashy or xtreme sinking wafers. What I have found is that if I feed enough, the other more aggressively feeding fish will eat until they are full and then leave the cory food alone. They may pick at it for the first hour or so but after that, the corys will be able to eat it the rest of the day/ night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1