Maybe this is the fanboy talking

Leo2o915

I think people usually ship the fish back home themselves--so bring your shipping supplies with you to Washington, get the fish, take them to the post office. Fly home, meet the fish when they arrive.

Irene recently posted a video about taking a fish on the plane with her. As I understand it from this video and other sources, you are technically allowed to carry fish on, but there is some discretion of the airline staff about whether they let you do it, it's not 100% guaranteed? Others may have a better understanding of that than I do.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:02 PM, PineSong said:

I think people usually ship the fish back home themselves--so bring your shipping supplies with you to Washington, get the fish, take them to the post office. Fly home, meet the fish when they arrive.

Irene recently posted a video about taking a fish on the plane with her. As I understand it from this video and other sources, you are technically allowed to carry fish on, but there is some discretion of the airline staff about whether they let you do it, it's not 100% guaranteed? Others may have a better understanding of that than I do.

I’ve heard that you can fly back with fish just has to be clearly visible and displayed that it’s that species and it’s allowed in ur state 

I’ve flown fish (guppies, Medaka, Heterandria formosa) in breather bags carefully packed in my checked luggage. Definitely took my time to ensure good quality water went in the bag with them, and I didn’t feed them the day before. Upon arrival, I checked water conditions - never had a problem - then slowly temperature acclimated them to room temp and then tank water temp, while also drip acclimating them to new water conditions. It’s worked without any deaths for me, and I’ve done it 3 times so far (not to and from the Coop, but it’s how I got Cory’s Vienna Guppies here to Spain).

• Like 1