Koi

Mya

Welcome to the forum, your tank looks great. Have you thought of putting a cap on top of the soil? Maybe a 1 inch layer of gravel? You wouldn’t be able to deep gravel vac but it would help. It would be a pain seeing how your already set up but… Or have you thought to not siphon the substrate let the waste, detritus, and all that gunk absorb into the soil and replenish some nutrients? In my opinion I would do both a cap and no gravel vac. Just a light go over to get the worst of it and let the rest settle.

good luck mate 

On 12/30/2021 at 5:22 AM, Atitagain said:

Welcome to the forum, your tank looks great. Have you thought of putting a cap on top of the soil? Maybe a 1 inch layer of gravel? You wouldn’t be able to deep gravel vac but it would help. It would be a pain seeing how your already set up but… Or have you thought to not siphon the substrate let the waste, detritus, and all that gunk absorb into the soil and replenish some nutrients? In my opinion I would do both a cap and no gravel vac. Just a light go over to get the worst of it and let the rest settle.

good luck mate 

I did think of a cap on soil. Can I use any gravel? BTW your tank looks amazing. 

• Like 1