PH and Driftwood

Cinnebuns

My PH has been steady at 8.2 which is what my tap is. I have been told a steady PH is better than chasing a PH. I am currently keeping 6 glo tetras and 3 guppies (eventually 3 become more) in a 29 gallon and considering adding panda corys. 

PH wise would it make sense to add driftwood to help lower the PH?  Aesthetics aside would it help my tank?  If so, should I trust buying driftwood on Amazon?  What should I look for or avoid when looking for some that is safe for my tank?

I have 7.6 very hard water high kh. I have never noticed an appreciable drop in ph and I use lots of wood in all my tanks. I feel it is healthy for fish (can’t say if there actually is a scientifically proven benenefit but it makes me feel good 🤣). I buy driftwood on Amazon. Soft wood decays quicker so stick with hardwoods for longevity. Spiderwood and manzanita give less tannins (tea coloration to your water) mopani gives a rich amber coloration. I like tannin look in some tanks not in others. Carbon added to your filter and boiling before adding reduces tannin output in the tank. I have had no issues with any wood I purchased on Amazon. I do look at ratings and reviews to make sure I’m buying from a reputable seller. Find a piece you like. If you want to make spcertain of tannin output or aquarium safety post a picture of the add or describe it on here. Folks will chime in to help. Look for measurements to be sure it’s the right size. They often look larger or smaller i pictures.