I swore I’d never buy this species… now I have 3! 🤪

Karen B.

@PineSong Who knows! I was just a kid. Maybe the ones I had were platys? I dunno, but I was not amused. *Shrug* I'm still not buying mollies.... I swear... *Googles videos of mollies, looks at Corys ponds with mollies...* 

Dang it.... No. Lol, but I may consider it in the future... Maybe.

Edited by Minanora
  • Haha 2

On 11/30/2021 at 6:06 PM, Minanora said:

@PineSong Who knows! I was just a kid. Maybe the ones I had were platys? I dunno, but I was not amused. *Shrug* I'm still not buying mollies.... I swear... *Googles videos of mollies, looks at Corys ponds with mollies...* 

Dang it.... No. Lol, but I may consider it in the future... Maybe.

Score! Look at the copper orange ones at Aquahuna >;->

• Haha 1

I have never wanted live bearers. Guppies, the females are ugly IMO, but I have heard there are some that are pretty. I am not interested in breeding at this point, but we'll see. And I have not seen the appeal of mollies, platies, and goldfish.  Although the wild type swordtail looks amazing! So live bearers in general do not have much appeal due to the looks, and dealing with all the babies. 

But you never know. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, Nanci B said:

I have never wanted live bearers. Guppies, the females are ugly IMO, but I have heard there are some that are pretty. I am not interested in breeding at this point, but we'll see. And I have not seen the appeal of mollies, platies, and goldfish.  Although the wild type swordtail looks amazing! So live bearers in general do not have much appeal due to the looks, and dealing with all the babies. 

But you never know. 

I'll post some photos of some of my girls tomorrow... I have a few lookers. But I love them all so I may be biased and blinded by love. Haha

On 11/30/2021 at 11:20 AM, PineSong said:

Super interesting. I have not seen my mollies (all male) bully or pester any other fish, but they are very pesky among themselves--there are three of them and they are often in a circle about the size of a golf ball, chasing each other and tumbling around. But nobody ever has any nips out of them and they do not harass the other fish--in fact the male endlers harass the mollies non-stop, as if the mollies are female endlers.

Now, I have seen the mollies be pigs and one of them nearly choked on a huge chunk of Hikari spirulina brine shrimp food because he gobbled it before it broke down. But I've seen nothing unpleasant happening to the other fish--could it be that the female mollies are the aggressive ones? Happened in my family 😉

I believe it was mostly the females I had problems with.