Med trio ???

BLynn

I’m treating my 20g display tank with maracyn beacause my cardinals keep getting dropsy I lost 2 already … right now only one seems to have it so I put the first dose in tonight (2 packets) and I’m confused… should I dose like it reads on the package? 1 packet per 10 gallons for 5 days? Beacause Cory said to dose for one day and leave it for a week without feeding so I’m just trying to figure it out 

The most common causes of Dropsy are polycystic kidney disease internal bacterial infection as maracyn only treats external bacterial infection when add to the water column unless it's add to there food I get  seachems kanaplex and metroplex add it to their food and add salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons that will help reduce the fluid buildup if your getting fish showing Dropsy like symptoms on a regular basis I would look at your water parameters are they being stressed weakening their immune system what temperature are you keeping them at

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

Screenshot_20210815-162016~2.png

Edited by Colu

I have a 20 gallon with a aqua clear HOB and coop sponge. Stocked I have  4 khuli loaches 1 dwarf gourami, tons of snails, and I had 8 cardinals now down to 6 with one on its way out. One other cardinal had dropsy another had a white ring on its lip and like a fungus now another one has dropsy can’t figure it out no one else gets sick 

It's possible something else is going on the fact that it's only effecting the cardinal Tetra's is odd the one you mentioned that one had a White fuzzy lip that can be a sign of Columnaris what I would do  if you have a  Qarantine  is separate the cardinal Tetra's and treat with the meds I suggested as your still having on going issues  you can add the kanaplex and metroplex to the same food  one scoop kanaplex one scoop metroplex one scoop focus with some garlic guard

Edited by Colu