Glosso no CO2?

Lauren A

Hi, I picked up some beautiful glossotigma tissue culture cup as an impulse buy.  I have a couple 10 gallon planted, one in particular I’d love to try out.  Just curious though, am I wasting my time without CO2 injection  even trying,  I have the Fluval 3.0 Nano light  and dose Easy Green and Easy Iron and root tabs.  I do have floaters too.  

I know a little experimentation is fun, but I am setting up another tank this week I could try too.  

I would appreciate any advice!  It’s no biggie if not, I will plant in my grow-out tank and see what happens.  

Thank you!  

Edited by Lauren A
Edit forgot CO2
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 1:26 PM, Lauren A said:

Hi, I picked up some beautiful glossotigma tissue culture cup as an impulse buy.  I have a couple 10 gallon planted, one in particular I’d love to try out.  Just curious though, am I wasting my time without CO2 injection  even trying,  I have the Fluval 3.0 Nano light  and dose Easy Green and Easy Iron and root tabs.  I do have floaters too.  

I know a little experimentation is fun, but I am setting up another tank this week I could try too.  

I would appreciate any advice!  It’s no biggie if not, I will plant in my grow-out tank and see what happens.  

Thank you!  

My experience is that unless you've got a clear determination to do whatever it takes to make a certain vision works with your aquarium,, you'll inevitably end up bending back towards what's the most natural arrangement and assortment of plants. For me, yes. I'd certainly try planting it in the tank you already have. I've found that my plants do best in a cooler tank. Tanks at 70=72-degrees F thrive ar better than plants at 80-82-degrees F. Both will attract algae and nuisance plants, but things get worse in warmer water than in color water. 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:48 PM, Fish Folk said:

My experience is that unless you've got a clear determination to do whatever it takes to make a certain vision works with your aquarium,, you'll inevitably end up bending back towards what's the most natural arrangement and assortment of plants. For me, yes. I'd certainly try planting it in the tank you already have. I've found that my plants do best in a cooler tank. Tanks at 70=72-degrees F thrive ar better than plants at 80-82-degrees F. Both will attract algae and nuisance plants, but things get worse in warmer water than in color water. 

Hi @Fish Folk thank you so much for your advice.  This tank I was going to add it to is on the warmer end because I have a betta in there.  It’s about 79-79.5 degrees. I primarily planted easy/intermediate plants and they are all doing excellent on that tank and it’s been running for 3 or so months now I think I will save the glosso for my next tank.  I’m starting it this week.   I just have to make sure it will thrive in sand.  

That’s great to know about cooler water.  I had no idea.  Thank you very much for your help!  Im always learning new things on the forum.  Have a nice day!

Edited by Lauren A
  • Like 1